Today marks the 75th Anniversary of the liberation in the city of ’s-Heerenberg, on the Dutch-German border near Emmerich, Germany, just north of the Rhine River.
Remembrance day gatherings in the streets and centre square have been the annual tradition of commemorative ceremonies.
On this April 1st, 2020 Spring day, the 75th anniversary of the city’s liberation will be remembered as a peaceful, quiet remembrance, in solitude and with family and friends. This city, like its neighbouring towns and villages, never forget the devastation of war and sacrifices of so many.
Photos from The Liberation of the Netherlands 70th Anniversary in ‘s-Heerenberg and area
Between March 27th and April 12, 1945, the operations Plunder, Varsity, Forward On and Amherst were part of the operations of the Liberation of Eastern and Northern Holland.
The 12th Field Regiment RCA was deployed 4km South of ‘s-Heerenberg in Operation Plunder and was the first Canadian Regiment to cross the Rhine commencing March 31st, under the command of Gunner General Harry Crerar.
Links to related history of the 12th Field Regiment and Remembrance Ceremonies
- First CANADIAN Field Regiment over the river RHINE
- Operation Plunder & Peter Fuse Targets
- The 70th-anniversary ‘ s-Heerenberg, April 1st, 2015
- The liberation of the Netherlands 70th Anniversary
- Poem Reading: Give The Children Freedom & film excerpt
- The Final Push 2015 – Liberation of the Netherlands 70th
- A few words from World War II Survivor
- The 75th anniversary of the Liberation of the Netherlands Veterans Affairs Canada latest updates >>
SPECIAL MESSAGE DURING THESE DIFFICULT TIMES!
Our deepest gratitude to all health care workers, the front-line heroes, fighting COVID-19 pandemic!!
RESOURCE links CORONAVIRUS COVID-19
- Government of Canada public health services Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Government of Canada public health services COVID-19 Outbreak update
- IPAC Canada CoronaVirus Resources
- COVID-19 Global Cases by the CSSE
- Coronavirus pandemic in Canada – Wikipedia
- From Infection to Recovery: How Long It Lasts – Covid-19’s duration varies widely – Posted by Medium
- Zoom Is a Nightmare. So Why Is Everyone Still Using It? – Medium